Joshua Megerman wrote:
On Friday 09 November 2007 04:52:16 am [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
OK then so I could have a box in wich I do...

take qmail sources and patch them with johns (great and nice) patch...

make setup check and ./config-fast fqdn
after this

after this

change /var/qmail for /var/qmail-scanning-server in conf-local... and again
./config-fast fqdn

Close, but this will actually not work. The value in conf-qmail gets compiled in, so you need to do a "make clean; make setup check" again after changing it. My suggestion is that you actually keep 2 copies of your qmail source tree in case you need to recompile for whatever reason, that way you know you're rebuilding the correct one...

No. You do not have to run 'make clean'. I have been corrected on that by Charles Cazabon when I also made the same assertion a long time ago and I verified that 'make setup check' does indeed compile in the correct value. Feel free to test yourself. You will see make actually recompiling auto_qmail.c and relinking.

after this setup proper supervise scripts and I could share between two
qmails vpopmail (and his ddbb), tcp.smtp.cdb file and all and only have to
be careful that when I add a domain with vpopmail or anything else to
rsync files modified by vpopmail in users for Internet qmail... and in
internet qmail to have smtproutes file throwing all mail passed rcpt to
check (that will be of course on Internet server) to localhost listening
qmail server that scans mail... then this is all? am I wrong?

and that's it??¿ there's no any known reason because this could crash... I
mean there's no specification by John Simpson or Dan Bernstein that this
shouldn't done then?

Multiple qmails using one vpopmail isn't something I've done, but multiple qmails on one box is something many people have done, including myself. There's no reason I can think of that sharing vpopmail would be a problem as long as you had all the right config files in place.

All that is needed is identical assign, rcpthosts and virtualdomains files for mail delivery and acceptance. Patched qmails may or may not need a bit more.

!DSPAM:4737c63d32001341017766!