For VDR > 1.4.4 You need a patch to make it compile without errors. This
one can be found here:
http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2006-December/011336.html
Simply save the: vdr-videosystem-0.0.1-uint64-0001.bin.

Let us know how if it worked and how well.

It seems this plugin assumes I am currently using PAL. The plugin takes the
OSD-Settings from VDR as PAL-settings and calculates the corresponding
NTSC-settings.  But, my television does not do both PAL and NTSC, so if this
plugin assumes that I currently have PAL setup properly, wouldnt it
calculate improper values for NTSC?  I dont understand how it can generate
proper NTSC values from PAL settings that I am not using.

Best Regards.