Hi

There's nothing to find anymore, I had to debug crashes of a plugin
(not my own) which were caused by migrating to the new makefile,
because cflags and c++flags were differnet.

I can't imagine, that this is caused by a changed Makefile.

There are lots of things that you can't imagine ;)

Which plugin are you refering to?

softhddevice and live Plugin.
There was a mismatch between c an c++ flags and this was surely caused by the
new makefile system :)

I searched for the segfault in the code but the reason was the make,
and that costs me some days.
And also the migration of many plugins costs me a lot of time.

You don't have to migrate them. You can stay with the old Makefiles.
Take a look at the VDR4Arch Project

https://github.com/CReimer/vdr4arch/blob/master/plugins/vdr-filebrowser/PKGBUILD

I already know this, but there were times without the compatibility flag.

If I'd be a a vdr user thats no problem, I can stay with vdr 1.7.32.
Bu unfortunately I'm a distributor and I've promised my users a new
version with VDR 2.0.
Now I have the choice between breaking my word or setting up the new
system which will cost me some more days with a system that I do not
like.

There's also a problem with your attitude. You want to provide all
plugins regardless of how old or how broken they are.

Thats your point of view I just want to build these plugins which are used by
Gen2VDR users ...

--
Helmut Auer, hel...@helmutauer.de