Hi,

Am 25.03.2013 20:09, schrieb Lucian Muresan:
> That is also due to some acrobatic
> conditional constructs in some desperate tries to keep the same
> makefiles also backwards compatible with a whole lot of older VDR
> series, instead of just providing the old makefile under another name
> just as it was.

 I think the best way to get compatible with old vdr versions is to manually
create a vdr.pc file. Then plugins with new
Makefiles will just build. This should be up to the distributors. Just copy one
from a recent vdr and edit the API
version and paths... Have done it with the current stable-vdr 1.7.27 in yaVDR.

 For plugins with old Makefiles: just get the needed variables from vdr.pc in
your build-script (pkg-build, debian/rules
etc.) and you're done.

 I like the new Makefile... :)

 I don't like defines in headers, it's just a source of error noone should be
forced to manage. Wrapping multiple
patches into each other can only be maintainable if you don't make them
selectable. The distributor decides which
patches he/she likes to distribute and maintaining a patch combination is
awfull enough... Done that (and doing it) and
I don't really like that either. :)
 But I will do it until there are no more patches *I* need... :)

 Why argue about the new Makefile? It's done, get used to it...

Peace,
Lars.