On 10/10/06, Nathan Bubna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 10/10/06, Henning P. Schmiedehausen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "Nathan Bubna" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> >lookup order:  LogKit, Log4j, JDK logging, and StandardOutLogChute
> >(which sends < error to Std.out and > error to Std.err).   This still
>
> This is IMHO not a good decision. If you want to have an application
> that writes to stdout, you get logging messages intermixed. I'd very
> much appreciate if we send all the logging to stderr.

hmm.  then let's punt the decision to users.  we should have both
StandardOut and StandardErr LogChutes, or a StandardLogChute that can
be configured to direct output either way.  choose whichever you wish
for the default, i pretty much always manually configure logging
anyway, so it won't bother me.

actually, this was quick.  so i took 5 minutes to write it.  testing
now...  will check in shortly.  by default all messages with level
trace or higher will print to System.err