Hi Llewellyn!

Good input.  You're probably right in many cases.  I did a quick scan
looking for Log.error.  Many of them are initialization-related errors
-- perhaps those should be exceptions instead.  We just moved the
app-level exceptions to be RuntimeExceptions which gives us more
freedom to throw exceptions without changing the API.   (this was one
of the obstacles in the past).

I disagree a bit about reference errors -- I think we should make it
optional whether or not they log a warning or stop page execution.
Right now they always do the former, but I'm working on a event
handler to allow the latter.

I think we've addressed your patches around the uberspector in svn
head at this point.

WILL