>>Sorry, I don't know anything about JET, but I was wondering if you
>>could share with us what you have found about the two.
>>Shinobu "Kawai" Yoshida <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sure thing, What I have found is that JET or Java Emitter Templates is an
Eclipse technology www.eclipse.org and part of EMF (though I'm sure it
could have been made a separate plugin).
Similar to Velocity, JET takes templates, script and data objects and
merges the three to create a final output.
JET uses a JSP like scripting language. JET also allows full translation
from templates to resulting output
or you can compile your templates to java classes, and simply invoke the
java class.

If your interested in this I have found two really good tutorials on the
technology which can be found at:

http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-JET/jet_tutorial1.html
and
http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-JET2/jet_tutorial2.html

I haven't really come to any conclusions other than JET is built into
eclipse and supports eclipse projects. The few tests I have
ran with JET have been very favorable, I didn't run into any problems with
what I Was trying to do.

Performance wise I have no ideas how the two compare, though the compile
to class feature might be nice.

ALSO I thought I'd mention that while I was researching JET I ran into
another new technology that is for reporting
that is being worked on called BIRT (B.I.R.T.). Business Intelligence and
Reporting Tools,  take a look at

http://www.eclipse.org/birt/

Though thats about the extent of my knowledge at this point on it.