you probably just need to add the path to the new directory to your
<foo>.resource.loader.path property in your velocity properties.  most
resource loaders should accept a comma delimited list for the path
property.

if that doesn't work, answer the following questions to help us help you...
what resource loader(s) are you using?
what are your resource loader properties?
what is the path for the new directory relative to your old one?