Of paramount importance for me is possibility to invoke a macro
recursively. Can you do that with Velocity?
But I'm only beginning to use template engines so eventually breaking
out of loops, name spaces and XML transformation capabilities
different from XSLT might become interesting in the future.

Eventually it's not only about my current issues. Other programmers
will have to decide between Velocity and FreeMarker, so it would be
good if the comparison list is correct.

Regards,

Meikel