On Thu, 2005-02-24 at 20:07 +0100, Meikel Bisping wrote:
> Of paramount importance for me is possibility to invoke a macro
> recursively. Can you do that with Velocity?

yes of course, but it's usually easier to handle on the java side (you
can have a little tool that enumerate the leaves of a tree for
instance).

if you still think recursion is your way, it's easier with the #local
macro (which is not included by default, it should be somewhere in a
subversive whiteboard), which role is to protects the variables
namespace inside each level of recursion.

--
Claude