Hi Stan,

Stan Devyatovsky wrote:
Hello Shinobu,

If I use JarResourceLoader, will any uploads of new .jar with
templates be notified by it?
I.e., I first uploaded templates.jar, started webapp,
then reuploaded modified templates.jar - will my modifications
take place without restarting webapplication?

SK> It should. If you look at the JarResourceLoader implementation, SK> you'll notice that isSourceModified is always true. In that case, it will always recompile the Velocity templates from .JAR file, no matter what? That's not too performance-wise in that case.

Not strictly - if caching is on it will only check if the source has been 'modified' and therefore recompile according to the interval specified in

  xxx.resource.loader.modificationCheckInterval

In a production environment, you'd probably expect to set that to quite a high value anyway.

- simon