Hi boz,

> Is there a way to generate Java code from a velocity template that
> produces the same output as the template?

None that I know of...

> I'm writing a report generator for TestNG. I have a template that makes
> HTML but in the end I don't need to support lots of templates. In fact
> i can get away with just one. On the other hand, TestNG is only about
> 300k, so adding Velocity to the stack pretty much doubles the download.
> What I want to do is create two reporters. One in just Java. The other
> using Velocity, so folks can modify reports easily.

What's another 300k in the age of the gigabytes?  You can fit it in a
floppy disk.  :)

#*
Or, you can make it a maven plugin and use the central repository approach.
    http://maven.apache.org/using/repositories.html
*#

> It'd be great if I could make the report template in Velocity, then
> generate a Java class from the template that produces the same output
> as the template. Is there anything like that available?

The best I can think of is to serialize the parsed template, but you
still will need the engine to render it.

## Of course, I won't stop you from creating a velocity2java project.  ;)

Best regards,
-- Shinobu

--
Shinobu Kawai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>