Yes, I believe so.  I've never used it, but take a look at JWAA.

http://www.virtualschool.edu/jwaa

WILL

----- Original Message ----- From: "Christofer 'boz' Jennings" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Velocity Users List" <velocity-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2005 12:27 PM
Subject: Velocity template to Java?

Is there a way to generate Java code from a velocity template that produces the same output as the template?

I'm writing a report generator for TestNG. I have a template that makes HTML but in the end I don't need to support lots of templates. In fact i can get away with just one. On the other hand, TestNG is only about 300k, so adding Velocity to the stack pretty much doubles the download. What I want to do is create two reporters. One in just Java. The other using Velocity, so folks can modify reports easily.

It'd be great if I could make the report template in Velocity, then generate a Java class from the template that produces the same output as the template. Is there anything like that available?

Thanks,
boz