Michael Heuer wrote:
Hello,

I have also been looking at the FreeMarker vs. Velocity emails.

Interesting. Was this of your own free will or was somebody forcing you to read them?

This is the Velocity users list.  Take it elsewhere, please.

Michael, on any given list that you subscribe to, there are going to be some threads that interest you and you follow them and other threads that you don't follow because they don't interest you.

Each message I have written is an on-topic reply to some other post that somebody else made. In turn, other people are responding to my messages. And so on, in turn. IOW, a discussion has developed. Why should I an the other people in such a discussion stop talking just because you tell us to? Unless somebody is forcing you to follow a given thread or discussion, its existence does not impose any burden on you.

Jonathan Revusky
--
freemarker project, http://freemarker.org/

   michael