Actually, Velocity provides the "VelocityViewServlet" which is a ultra
simple web framework (i.e. category 1).  You just drop the templates
in your Tomcat web app and you go.

Have you seen this article?

http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/webapps.html

WILL

On 9/22/06, Peter Locke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I can't comment on Click as I've never used it, but I must recommend staying
away from Struts.  I know I may start an argument here as there are a lot of
people who still live by them but I've used Struts, and while they were great
when they first came out and there weren't alternatives,  I have found them
to be inferior to many other newer MVC/MVC2 frameworks.

You don't NEED anything from 1.  To be honest, I wouldn't bother with any
other MVC framework until you learn velocity and all it offers.

All you need to do to get velocity based pages to render your computer is:

Install Tomcat and then Velocity.  That's it.

Once you are comfortable with the above and are writing some simple velocity
backed servlets, then do your OWN investigation as to a supporting framework
to help you.  My suggestions to look at are Spring MVC/Web flow, Tapestry,
JSF, but remember these aren't necessary, and in my opinion can add an
unnecessary layer unless the web app developed is going to be quite large.

Again this is a matter of opinion and others may argue that you should never
develop a web app without one of these helper frameworks under the templating
language, and I encourage you to explore them for yourself after getting
comfortable with a basic velocity only webapp.