Howdy T. Whild,

$3k isn't absurd, especially not for a professional photographer.
Mostly it depends on what the photo is being licensced for, and what
the photog has historically charged.

In this case it looks like it was for a one-off or atleast very
limited run banner... and I personally agree with you that it seems a
little high.

Unforetuneatly when the photo is used without permission then I think
it's the photog's call. There fundamentally can't be negotiation after
the fact.

This is why maybe if Podtech and Lan can't agree what I would suggest
is they both agree to have some party they both trust be the
arbitrater. There's plenty of great people in this space they both
know and can trust.

-Mike