I'm not quite sure how my message got to the Lute list, if indeed it did and
one message I sent doesn't seem to have got to this list at all.

What Antonio says is very interesting so I'll pass it on.

I have been trying to get hold of  a copy of "Aux origines de la guitare"
published by Cite de la musique - so far without success.  It doesn't seem
to be possible to order it via their web site.   Has anyone else seen it or
got a copy of it?

Monica