Il 20/11/2010 23:07, Nelson, Jocelyn ha scritto:
Hello early guitarists,

I just received a query: “Do you know the earliest publications for lute and/or
guitar in which harmonics were used?”

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Jocelyn

One of the first works that come to my mind is Mauro Giuliani's Rossiniana nr. 1 op. 119 (published in 1821-22): http://www.muslib.se/ebibliotek/boije/pdf/Boije%20200.pdf (page 3, first three staves) In his "Escuela de Guitarra" (1825) Dionisio Aguado stated that the invention of artificial harmonics must be credited to François de Fossa, who described how to perform them in his preface to the "Ouverture du jeune Henri, arrangée pour deux guitarras":
http://www2.kb.dk/elib/noder/rischel/RIBS0015-1.pdf (page 43, § 185)

Regards
Fabio