From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf Of
Monica Hall
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 8:47 AM
To: Chris Barker
Cc: Vihuelalist
Subject: [VIHUELA] Re: Lorimer's bibliography? (ISBN 0-9618527-1-2

Yes.  Re size - looking at clips of other people playing, his instrument
does look to me rather large.   My way of judging is to compare the player's
head with the size of the bouts!

It looks a heavily built instrument, perhaps with fan barring.   Sounds as
if it is strung with nylon with overwound strings for the bourdons and it
wouldn't surprise me if it did have fixed frets.

But it is difficult to tell from a Youtube clip.

Monica