I did actually ask if abstracts of the papers could be made available purely as a matter of ineterest - but got no response. Perhaps the organizers haven't got time - but really contributors should be asked to provide these preferably in advance as a matter of course There did seem to me to be an aura cronyism about the affair. .

Monica

----- Original Message ----- From: "Martyn Hodgson" <hodgsonmar...@yahoo.co.uk> To: "Lex Eisenhardt" <eisenha...@planet.nl>; "Vihuelalist" <vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, June 25, 2014 4:11 PM
Subject: [VIHUELA] Re: Guitar Summit

  Thanks for this Lex.
  I thought I'd said: if a paper is presented at a conference, thus
  giving it something of an aura of authority, then if not peer
  appraised/reviewed (which isn't always possible or practicable) it
  ought to be made generally available. Preferably in full or at least in
  synopsis (both methods adopted by the Lute Society for example).
  You'll see from what Jelma writes that, other than the recent articles
  in Early Music, this isn't the case with papers presented at the
  'Summit'.
  regards,
  Martyn