----- Original Message ----- From: "Martyn Hodgson" <hodgsonmar...@yahoo.co.uk>
To: "Monica Hall" <mjlh...@tiscali.co.uk>; "Braig, Eugene" <brai...@osu.edu>
Cc: "Vihuelalist" <vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu>
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2014 5:03 PM
Subject: [VIHUELA] Re: Guitar Summit

  Well, as we've just discussed -  up to a point.  This is why it's
  important to try and have wider informed comment (if not good peer
  review) of papers presented at conferences which, maybe, assert some
  pet thoery only very lightly, if at all, supported by historical
  evidence.  The point of all this is that such asserted views can
  sometimes become widely established by default - and then the very
  devil to shift.....
  Martyn

If we lived in an ideal world this might happen. But we don't and it doesn't.