From: lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu [mailto:lute-...@cs.dartmouth.edu] On Behalf Of
AJN
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2014 6:13 PM
To: hodgsonmar...@yahoo.co.uk; Braig, Eugene; vihuela@cs.dartmouth.edu
Subject: [VIHUELA] Re: Guitar Summit

   Eugene's  information is misleading.  _*Understanding Boccherini's
   Manuscripts*_ edited by prolific Dutch Musicologist (U of Utrecht,
   emeritus) Rudof Rasch contains only
    a single article on guitar, namely one about Boccherini's still
   problematic guitar quintets.  The author writes "... some are not
   enthusiastic about [my] article whose punch line is that there is no
   documented evidence . . ." (Guitar Summit, 2013).

   This collection of essays probably drew inspiration from the Boccherini
   Conferences in Lucca, and the much ballyhooed forthcoming
   Boccherini critical collected edition. Editor Rasch, a recognized
   Boccherini authority, remarks that in his chapter overview  "... the
   guitar quintets . . . will be mainly passed by."  (page 2). Certainly
   the book is not from the "Guitar Summit" group from Konstanz.  The
   owners of the conference are Gerhard Penn (Austrian) and Andreas
   Stevens (Swiss). Stevens has an on-line life and works study of
   Heinrich Albert (1870-1950)<g>

   AJN