Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Oct 13 21:33, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Oct 13 21:16, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
Corinna Vinschen wrote:
[...]
Below is a patch which works for me, though I'm not sure if it's
complete enough to catch all cases.  There's code for OS2 in os_unix.c
which I reused, plus a new definition in mch_isFullName for the absolute
path on Cygwin.

I'd be grateful if the below or a more feasible patch which solves the
above problem, could be applied to vim.
I think this fixes only one specific problem.  When Vim is compiled for
Unix it does not recognize DOS paths.  And that matters in many places
(e.g., search for CASE_INSENSITIVE_FILENAME and BACKSLASH_IN_FILENAME).
Also behavior of a backslash in a file name changes.  Making Vim for
Unix handle these things will be an awful lot of work...
True enough.  But maybe fixing these problems as they turn up might
be a helpful approach?  Anyway, what's noticable here is the fact
that this is a new problem in vim 7.  It wasn't present in vim 6.4
so it is a regression.

Interesting enough it works in 6.4 without doing anything similar to my
patch does to os_unix.c.  What's different in swap file handling between
6.4 and 7.0 so that it works in the former but doesn;t in the latter?

Corinna

Is your 6.4 Vim compiled for Cygwin or for "native" W32? What is the value of has("win32unix") ?

Best regards,
Tony.