On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 13:03 +0100, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
> Edward Catmur wrote:
> > * Close confirmation dialogs use "Save/Discard/Cancel" instead of
> > "Yes/No/Cancel"
> I'll look into this later.  Perhaps Save/Discard/Cancel is better for
> all GUIs, since you don't need to read the text to know whether "yes"
> means "save" or "discard".  But it will break the translations.
Thanks.  I know some GUIs are replete with message dialogs where you
have to read the text to know which button to press, but they stick out
like a sore thumb in Gnome.  As for the string break: looking at the
pofiles, a guessed translation (from the existing "Save all", "Discard
all") looks feasible in almost all cases; would it be acceptable for me
to attempt that?

> > Also attached is a patch to disable guioptions="t" (tearoff menus) when
> > compiled with FEAT_GUI_GNOME, also for desktop consistency.
> You mean that the default is not to use tearoff menus, one can still
> have them when wanted.
Yes.  Sorry for the confusion.

Ed