On 5/15/07, A.J.Mechelynck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Nageshwar M wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I compiled the vim 7.1 source for unix and installed it in my fedora
> core 4 pc. When I pressed arrows its printing A,B,C,D's(in insert
> mode) , backspace is not working and when I pressed delete
> continuously the gvim is closing down. Someone please help me.
>
> The information that vim is showing for :version is
>
> Normal version with GTK2 GUI.  Features included (+) or not (-):
[...]

This is usually due to a termcap problem. In which case(s) do you see the
problem (among the following)?

- in GUI mode (e.g. Alt-F2 then gvim)

- in console mode in a terminal displaying through X (and which one: xterm?
konsole? gnome-terminal? other[and which one]?)

- in the "pure text" linux console (hit Ctrl-Alt-Fn with n in the range
[1..6], log in if necessary, then invoke vim)

:set esckeys

may also help.

nikolai