Nageshwar M wrote:
Hello,

I tried in xterm, konsole, and yakuake but got the same problem. I
guess the problem is with compilation options... When I used :set
esckeys arrow keys working properly but not backspace (in gvim also i
faced the same problem). Also the command completion is not working ..
i typed :he and pressed tab.. it didn't give me available commands

- Do you get the same problem in the GUI? ("vim -g" or "gvim")?

- The problem with completion may be due to 'compatible' mode: try

        vim -u NONE -N
        :set wildmenu
        :he<Tab>

Best regards,
Tony.
--
Hartley's First Law:
        You can lead a horse to water, but if you can get him to float