For jvi, not vim, I want to implement a way to "p" the clipboard as though it were yank'd in block mode. I couldn't see anyway in the vim doc to do this so I'm guessing that this is not supported. This could be used to paste a rectangular selection from windows. Also, until I figure out how to get at the vim specific info in the clipboard, it provides a workaround for jvi.

If its possible that this might be a feature that vim would want some day, I'd like to implement it in a compatible way. My first thought was to use "#p to put the clipboard as block mode, the # has a block mode flavor to it, but that's taken.

-ernie