On 18/05/2007 03:31, A.J.Mechelynck wrote:
:set enc? penc?
   encoding=utf-8
   printencoding=utf-8
:%ha
not found in runtimepath: print/utf-8.ps

Is this last message normal?

Yes.

I have here a file including an Esperanto-French glossary, which contains both the consonants+circumflex of Esperanto and the French oe ligature. No matter how I try, Vim cannot print it:

- penc=utf-8 gives the above error
- penc=latin3 prints Esperanto correctly, but oe becomes an inverted question
mark
- penc=latin9 prints French correctly but not the Esperanto letters.

Compiled with +multi_byte +iconv +printer +postscript

Looks like the only way to print that file properly is to load it in my browser.

Unicode encoding is only supported for CJK fonts at the moment. Of course, if you had such a font with the glyphs you want, then this will work.

TTFN

Mike
--
The Buck stops here; the Doe just visits.