Sebastian Menge wrote:

> [cross-posted to vim, vim-dev, vim-announce, wikia-l]
>
> Hi all
>
> Finally I have imported all the vim tips from http://vim.org/tips to
>
>     http://vim.wikia.com
>
> and set up a minimal infrastructure to keep things going. Not everything
> is perfect, but I think it is usable now.
>
> Thanks to all the support from [EMAIL PROTECTED] and especially to the very
> kind wikia community (#wikia on freenode and the mailing list,
> Greetings!).
>
> Some words on contribution: A good wiki depends on two main factors:
> Excellent content and a lively community. We have a lot of good content
> now, but to make it excellent we need You!
>
> If you ever posted a tip or a comment to the old tips database, please
> have a look at it on the wiki, and review the page. Every little bit
> helps!
>
> See you on the wiki, Sebastian.

Great!

Let's await comments for a few days, then I'll add a few links on
www.vim.org to the tips wiki.  That should give the wiki quite a bit
more traffic.

How about redirecting http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=805
to http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/VimTip805  (where 805 is an arbitrary
number)?

The Tips pages appear to load a bit slow, but otherwise it looks like
all the info from the old pages is there.

--
I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence.
There's a knob called "brightness", but it doesn't seem to work.