Not sure but maybe I found a exotic problem. ;)

The tex-code I attached explains itself.

I setup my vimrc like this:

   let g:Tex_SmartQuoteOpen = '„'
   let g:Tex_SmartQuoteClose = '“'

In an (nearly) empty tex-file this work fine and is correct shown in
the PDF file produced with xelatex.

But when using biblatex with apa-style and escpecialy this line

   \DeclareLanguageMapping{german}{german-apa}

vim produce quotes like this, while typing

    "`test"'

This is explained in the code, too.

I am not sure from which package this \DeclareLanguageMapping comes
from. But I need it using the apa-style with German translation.
\documentclass{scrartcl}
\usepackage{xltxtra}
\usepackage{polyglossia}
\setmainlanguage[spelling=new]{german}
\usepackage[%
    backend=biber,
    style=apa,
    sortlocale=de_DE,
    language=german]{biblatex}
% my current vimrc-settings
%   let g:Tex_SmartQuoteOpen = '„'
%   let g:Tex_SmartQuoteClose = '“'
%
% currently (with this code here) the quote-key (on keyboard) produce "`test"'
% when remove this line
\DeclareLanguageMapping{german}{german-apa}
% the quote key produce this „test“
% the quotes are correct (from g:Tex_Smart...) used when using an empty tex-file
\begin{document}
\end{document}