John Beckett schrieb:
Andy Wokula wrote:
Currently there is much spam in recent comments:
http://vim.sourceforge.net/tips/recent_notes.php

Last time this was discussed I got the impression that there is a
feeling that if no one reads the spam, then it is not a problem.

But I think the situation is worse than that. The spammers don't
care if anyone reads the tips. They want the optimisation to their
search ranking in Google et al from having links to their site.
Helping these leaches is no longer acceptable IMHO.

Lots of places on the Internet have had to implement a simple
logon or at least a captcha - anonymous posting can't be allowed.

John

E.g. posters must either login or solve simple math
(or answer simple Vim questions, even better ;)
next to the "Add Note" button.

Should be fairly easy to add?

Andy

--