Hi Yegappan,

From: "Yegappan Lakshmanan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Eric Leenman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
[...]
You can try using the workspace manager plugin:
http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=1410
- Yegappan

I'm a simple VIM user.
That's why I ask many things on this mailing-group, which is very responsive.
Many times when I try to install very clever plugins I fail to do so.
Mainly because of the missing-Vim knowledge you guys have.

I decided to try it again and unfortantly failed again to follow the instructions. If it's not too much of your time, could you please explain what I need to do following your 6 points.
If not thanks anyway.

I read on the script that I need to follow the 6 points mentioned.

[start of point 1]
1. Download the workspace.zip file and unzip the files to the $HOME/.vim or the $HOME/vimfiles or the $VIM/vimfiles directory. This should unzip the following two files (the directory structure should be preserved):

     plugin/workspace.vim - main workspace plugin file
     doc/workspace.txt    - documentation (help) file

  Refer to the 'add-plugin', 'add-global-plugin' and 'runtimepath'
  Vim help pages for more details about installing Vim plugins.
[end of point 1]

What I did:
Download the zip file:
And stored
workspace.txt is stored in C:\Program Files\Vim\vimfiles\doc
workspace.vim C:\Program Files\Vim\vimfiles\plugin

Is this OK?
What is $HOME, how can I check this in VIM?
What is $VIM, how can I check this in VIM?
[start of point 2]
2. Change to the $HOME/.vim/doc or $HOME/vimfiles/doc or
  $VIM/doc/vimfiles directory, start Vim and run the ":helptags ."
  command to process the workspace help file.
[end of point 2]

What I did:
I don't understand the first part. What is ment here?
I just started Vim and did typed:  :helptags .
Vim did do something, don't know what.

[start of point 3]
3. If you are running a terminal/console version of Vim and the terminal
   doesn't support changing the window width then set the
   'Ws_Inc_Winwidth' variable to 0 in the .vimrc file.
[end of point 3]

What I did:
I ignored this, as I'm running gvim on windows xp.

[start of point 4]
[end of point 4]

What I did:
As there isn't a point 4 I went to point 5

[start of point 5]
5. Restart Vim.
[end of point 5]

What I did:
I did close gvim and restarted it.

[start of point 6]
6. You can now use the ":WsOpen <filename>" command to open a
    workspace. You can use the ":help workspace" command to get
    more information about using the workspace plugin.
[end of point 6]

What I did:
I typed :help workspace
Vim replied: E149: Sorry, no help for workspace

Thanks for your time.
Best regards,
Eric Leenman

Turn searches into helpful donations. Make your search count. http://click4thecause.live.com/search/charity/default.aspx?source=hmemtagline_donation&FORM=WLMTAG