On Wednesday, April 10, 2002, at 01:18 PM, the pickle wrote:

> At 13:12 +0100 on 10/04/02, Mark Benson wrote:
>
>> I have definitely mentioned needing ahd having internal http somewhere.
>
> I'm pretty sure you managed to hide it from Eagle and myself if you
> did :-p

I quote (again) from a previous message:

"I have an HTTP server on the LCIII and use SSH to my iBook in
emergencies. This is why I have DNS and DHCP and indeed TCP/IP at all."

>> trying to share the internet around this network (the whole point of
>> this thread - see the "internet" bit in the title) which requires
>> TCP/IP
>> does it not?
>
> Yes, but like I said, doesn't matter much if the network isn't
> connected to
> the Internet...

But it will or should by now be, which was why I asked for your help in
the first place - blimey - do I have to use those big play-school
magnetic letters to spell it out on you fridge door?

I am not going to pursue this any further for the sake of the list - you
are allowed one response and then that's the end of this and any related
threads on my network. Thanks to those who helped, some of the stuff was
at least useful if not to solve the original problem.

--

Mark Benson

Vintage Macs List Nanny
aka
        silicon_valley_pirate_uk (Yahoo! Messenger)
        SilValleyPirate (AOL Instant Messenger)
Visit Flat Pack Macs Online at:
<http://fpm.gotdns.com>
Macintosh LC central