I am pretty sure that Xbox 360 can surf the net. As I said, it might even be able to run Vista.
On Sep 25, 2005, at 11:15 PM, Scott Baret wrote:

I recall reading about a console that was planned back
in the late 1970s from Apple. I think it was called
Annie but the sources out there are fuzzy. Some say
the Annie project eventually became the Mac. It all
depends on what you read.

If that was true it was probably going head to head
with the Atari 2600 should it have been released. I
still think the 2600 is the greatest console ever and
I speak because I still have one that works. Played it
last week, in fact. (My favorite game is probably
Kaboom--the one where you moved the paddles and had to
catch the bombs--and I wasn't bad at it despite my
failing hand eye coordination due to old age)

I know little about this XBox 360 but will it be a
machine that can surf the net? Being a living room
computer it wouldn't surprise me if people could check
their e-mail and then go and play their video games.

And yes, Apple is ALWAYS advanced...look at the Lisa.
It took years for some of those technologies to get
integrated into the Mac OS and Windows. Don't forget
the QuickTake camera, either...defniitely a pioneer.

Scott

--- "Luis D. [EMAIL PROTECTED]"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The way I see it, Apple helped microsoft once again
get ahead of
them. Xbox 360 is a living room computer just like
pippin too. I've
heard rumors that it will be able to run a version
of Windows Vista
in the future, though I'm not too sure on that. I
think that pippin
was a premature Xbox 360.