Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 02:03:30 +1000
From: Darren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

 Returning the the
wrong scsi ID seems odd as I don't see why it would be firmware or what
real use such a feature would have ..

IIRC, old versions of Alliance Power Tools (formatting software included with APS hard drives) had an option to set the SCSI ID electronically. It only worked on certain drives. I would guess those would be these Quantum drives and similar models.

Jeff Walther