2.02 and 3 are basically the same thing as far as rendering goes.. 3
has some JS improvements that are by todays standards usless... (you
will still need to disable java/javascript regardless of which version
you use)  3 also made some improvements to its plugin system (also
useless) .... and of course this makes 3 eat a lot more ram than
2.02... so its best to stick with the older version....

--
--sam
http://mephitus.renamon.org/