Greetings everyone!

I am the proud owner of a Blue & White G3, (between other Apples) and yes, I am very happy with it. Still, I am also a musician, and having my home studio currently working under Window$, am more than anxious to "pass the bridge" and start using my trusty Mac for music too.

The thing is, I have an external MIDI interface which I Love (The Midiman BiPort 2x4s) which is equipped to work on both Mac and PCs. The thing is, it only works on SERIAL ports on both platforms. My G3 lacks a serial port, thus having an ADB and USB ports only.

I am concerned there are several solutions for this, including some expensive external "dongle" kind of adapter which goes to USB and then ends up in a couple serial ports. But what I am really looking for is an adapter I´ve seen once, that replaces the modem (or connects to the modem socket, as my G3 didn´t came with one) and uses the modem serial port to drive an on-board serial connection, to which I could connect my MIDI interface.

I can remember it is called G-Port, but it has been pretty hard to find. I wonder whether anybody in the list either has one and is willing to sell it, or can help me locate one of these, at a decent price tag...

Thanks in advance!

   Juan Carlos De La Cruz
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   http://homepage.mac.com/jcdlc