On 18-dec-05, at 10:14, Macintalk Fejlesztés wrote:

I have a Mac Portable that I used back in the old days, and I have lots of files on it. However, it does not work anymore, because the battery in it is dead and it won't run off a power supply. I want to put the HD in another Mac to get the files off it, but the Conner HD in the portable is a different format (some SCSI variant) - how to convert it to work with a regular, desktop SCSI?

1. you can boot the portable off a powerbook 180 adapter. these are 45Watt. remove the battery and boot.

2.The hardrive is mechanical equivalent to the 40Mb drives used in classics. swap the pcb on those drives to get to your data. after that. swap back and your classic is working again.

Are you sure? My Classic II has an IBM drive, and the Classic I has a Quantum drive I think.
I do have a PB 180 adapter, I'll give it a go. Thanks!

-Mackie