this may sound odd but i read somewhere that you can use a cheap
wall-brick with the same output voltage as the battery a put it in
place of the battery and plug the regular PSU in and it should power
up (the wall brick will simulate the battery in order to trick the
portable to boot.... great design eh?)

--
--sam
http://mephitus.renamon.org/