Manuel Marques wrote:

Nothing. Ok, I'm doing backups and then I'll nuke the disk. Or, I can use a
1.2 Gb drive I've got somewhere... think it's faster than the IIci's 500 Mb
Quantum...

Nothing? In Apple HD SC Setup - click partition then click custom which should display the partition table. I've not used FWB but would be surprised if the partition table was hidden. The 1.2gb would be a noticable improvement, better still if you mount both drives and copy the first partitions contents over to the larger drive, saving to a point the need to reinstall programs - some may need reinstalling.

Finalizing, I have a Asanté Ethernet card installed on the middle PDS
slot... when I connect a cable to link it to my switch/router, the link led
of the card lights up... but nothing happens on my switch. I've switched
cables, ports, nothing! And I can't also access anything via network, and
I've configured the TCP/IP parameters correctly! Is it possible the card is
not working properly? What can I do about it?

Asante cards are know to have problems with auto sensing router/switches. Stick a T10 hub between the mac and switch and you should be fine

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

A safe and peaceful christmas to all.