--- Manuel Marques <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Finalizing, I have a Asanté Ethernet card installed
> on the middle PDS
> slot... when I connect a cable to link it to my
> switch/router, the link led
> of the card lights up... but nothing happens on my
> switch.

You have one of the infamous Asante 10 megabit cards
that
doesn't properly signal it's capabilities, so modern
switches
ignore it as "defective".

The easy solution is to get a cheap 10 megabit hub and
connect
it between the IIci and your switch.

The more expensive solution is a managed switch/router
that
you can telnet or web browser to and manually set the
parameters
for each port indivdually. Then you could force the
port the
IIci is connected to, to 10 megabit/half duplex. I've
never
heard of a 10 megabit/full duplex LC-PDS or NuBus
ethernet card.

It will be total Fandemonium!
August (Fri) 4th, (Sat) 5th & (Sun) 6th, 2006
http://www.fandemonium.org