Sorry that was my auto reply I will make sure it does not auto reply to this address. Sorry about that.

Rosemarie

On Dec 28, 2005, at 8:15 PM, Mark Benson wrote:

On 28 Dec 2005, at 21:33, Manuel Marques wrote:

Have you written to this list in the past days? I suppose the bot is getting our addresses every time someone posts something new... at least my e-mails
from Rosemarie come with my post below the text...

It's not a spam bot, I'm pretty sure it's a tech support line auto- reply script that fres an e-mail back to the 'From:' address and ignores the 'Reply To:' one. Sorta like those 'Out of Office' auto- replies we get from time to time but more annoying. If we had an active List Nanny we could get the e-mail address booted off the list but it seems we don't have one. I might drop Dan Knight a mail and ask him to take the address off the list.

With any luck the company has a ticket system for tech support enquiries and someone has a mailbox full of the ticket numbers and might just notice :).

--
Mark Benson

My Blog:
<http://mdblog.68kmac.org>
68kMac.org:
<http://www.68kmac.org>

For digest mode, email: <mailto:vintage.macs- [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Archive: <http://www.mail-archive.com/vintage.macs% 40mail.maclaunch.com/>