Hi Guys....
Jack seems to set the record straight... although we
were having a side discussion about his DaynaFiles
that he has---similar to Alan Hunter's one. Nat Hall's
two-computers-in-one factoid got me interested ---if I
got a card to match the PDS slot AND the 37-pin cable
to the drive, maybe I'd be in business to read my old
disks. I think, Jack, you said you had one of these
cards you might want to get rid of for $, but I
thought at the time that, since I already had the slot
taken up with a Dayna Ethernet card, I'd have to
choose between the two. (or get a split a/b cable
switch?) The drive I  have is definitely a Apple PC
5.25 800k External Drive, Model no. A9M0110. It is
bus-powered (by a regular SE or earlier with a card, I
think) and not by the SE/30. I originally got my
information from Phil Beesley's site:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] , which said this about
the PC 5.25:

----Apple PC 5.25" Drive (A9M0110)
Apple's first IBM PC compatability product was a 360K
floppy drive. It was designed for use with either a
NuBus controller card or an SE PDS controller card. It
will also work with early AST or Orange PC processor
cards. According to Apple, the drive and controller
cards are not compatible with Macs with FDHD ROMs.---

Now, mine is an 800k, so I don't exactly know if the
same S/N was also for a double-sided or double density
later version, or a different one he is talking about?
Got me. It definitely does not plug into any available
outlets in the back of the SE/30 and I usually run
everything external off the SE/30 with their own
individual wall wart or power cord power. The SE/30's
an amazing little guy, so I don't want to burn it up
with a mistake. But emulating a ][e?   mmmmmm.....

Bob G.