Ronan Watson wrote:
> I have followed the procedure outlined in 7.4 of the User Documentation
> and have created a tunnel from my home machine, to a proxy machine and
> then to the VirtualGL server....this works. Great.

I assume you mean 8.4?  The documentation hasn't had a section 7.4 since
version 2.0.1.

> Ok...so I have 1 question:
> In the previous case I used
>

> home:~$ vglconnect <proxy_machine>
>
> proxy_machine:~$ vglconnect <vgl_server>
>
> vgl_server:~$ vglrun glxspheres

I'm also assuming you added "-s" to both invocations of vglconnect in
this example.  Otherwise, I don't see how it would have worked at all.

> Which worked fine....but is there a way of setting up the connection to
> home from the vgl_server end?
>

> vgl_server:~$ vglconnect <proxy_machine>
>
> proxy_machine:~$ vglconnect <home>
>

> And then running things from the vgl_server and that would appear on the
> home machine?

I think that, yes, it should be possible to set up the connection in
reverse, but I need to first understand what you're trying to accomplish.