I will need to look at this in more detail.  There are several things
that the patch does incorrectly, from a VirtualGL coding standpoint, and
it also needs to be modified to treat the swap interval as a
per-drawable attribute in GLX_EXT_swap_control rather than a global
attribute (treating it as global in GLX_SGI_swap_control is correct,
however.)  Stand by.