Now that Cygwin/X has really matured, and I'm about to roll out a much
more straightforward means of installing the VirtualGL Client on that
platform (stay tuned), and since the lion's share of VirtualGL users are
no longer using vglclient anyhow, I think the time has come to
transition away from Exceed support.  OpenText is still providing me
with a free evaluation license of Exceed, which I will use to continue
providing break/fix support on the VirtualGL Client for Exceed in the
2.3.x stable branch of VirtualGL.  However, I propose to remove the
Exceed client from the evolving 2.4 code base.

Any strong objections?  I know there are still some Exceed users out
there, but there has basically been zero movement in the VirtualGL
Client code in years anyhow.  The last time a user-visible bug was
reported and fixed in the client was 2011, and the last time a major
feature was introduced that affected the client was 2009.  All of the
recent innovation has gone into TurboVNC instead.

Pretty much the only thing that Exceed was providing that Cygwin can't
is a means of doing remote stereo to a Windows client.

If you're still using Exceed, and particularly if you're still using
remote stereo with it, please let me know.  I welcome any feedback on
this proposal.

DRC