On 3/24/14 9:00 AM, Kevin Van Workum wrote:
> Confused about "the lion's share of VirtualGL users are no longer using
> vglclient". Does that apply to Cygwin/X only or all platforms? I hope
> you're not thinking of getting rid of vglclient.

It was a clear statement.  Few people are using vglclient.  Most are
using some form of X proxy.  However, there are no plans to get rid of
vglclient in general-- just the Exceed version.  vglclient is still a
useful tool for transmitting the output of VirtualGL from one Un*x
machine to another, for instance if the X proxy is not co-located with
the GPU.  As a means of transmitting pixels the "last mile" to the
user's desktop, however, it is less useful.

I am actually surprised that anyone has been able to use the VirtualGL
Client for Cygwin at all recently.  Changes to Cygwin's setup program
have rendered it impossible to install Cygwin packages (including the
ones I've shipped with VirtualGL for many years) from a local directory.
  Hence, I'm in the process of setting up our own Cygwin repository for
VirtualGL.