Jesse Sightler wrote:
Hi Kingsley,

I'm not really disagreeing with the decision to use this as one of the differentiators between the FOSS and closed source versions. I just wish that the list of features separating the two were a bit more clear, as I didn't see this specified on the Virtuoso OSS site. I'm sure thats just an oversight, though, since the spatial features are so new.

What I'm more interested in is actually getting the feature to work... the documentation is a bit premature imo.
Yes, the docs are lagging the feature for sure, this will be fixed very quickly, esp. now that we finally have the V6.1 commercial edition out of the door (a one year odyssey).

I was able to create the tables from the example at (9.34.8):
http://docs.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/sqlrefgeospatial.html

Inserting data into the geo table doesn't seem to result in any data insertions in the geo_inx table, and I don't see how the two are linked from an indexing standpoint.
Will get some examples out to clarify.

Also, I don't see how to expose a tranditional table with geospatial information as a geo-enabled RDF view.
Working on this re. RDF Views generation Wizard.

Kingsley

Are these things possible with the existing version of Virtuoso?

Thanks,
Jess