At 9:54 AM -0500 3/28/08, Craig A. Berry wrote:
>At 9:57 AM +1030 3/28/08, Jeremy Begg wrote:

> >   Choosing the C types to be used for Perl's internal types...
>>   (IV will be "long long", 8 bytes)
>>   (UV will be "unsigned long long", 8 bytes)
>>   (NV will be "double", 8 bytes)
>
>Here's the first place something isn't right.  You've asked for
>maximal 64-bitness, which I think should give you long double for
>NVs as well as long integers for the integer types.

I still need to look into this.

>It looks like the current unix Configure script, though, no longer
>does this check and instead predicates d_nv_preserves_uv on
>nv_preserves_uv_bits.  If the number of bits preserved is greater
>than or equal to the total number of bits in a UV, then the former is
>defined.  So I think I will make it imitate that behavior.

I've checked in a change that should take care of this:

http://public.activestate.com/cgi-bin/perlbrowse/p/33591

It may not apply cleanly to 5.10.0 since there have been other nearby
changes but at least we have a fix in the pipe.  Unless you have a
reason *not* to build with long double, I think building with both
long int and long double would be the easiest workaround for you.
Thanks again for the report.
Craig A. Berry
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 difficult than getting in."