Craig Berry wrote:
On Wednesday, October 01, 2008, at 03:23PM, "Michael G Schwern" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

HP is shutting down it's testdrive program which gives logins to its many
operating systems (see also VMS) for developer evaluation and testing.  It's
replacing it with something called HP Partner Virtualization Program which it
says is better and will make you smell nice and be more attractive.

It also requires that you be a company member of their Developer and
Solution Partner Program (DSPP).  I believe Merijn has had some
contact with HP folks who are aware this is not the best fit for open
source developers and there is hope that something more workable can
be arranged.

One of the existing VMS testdrive hosts had the ability to NFS mount the common home drive for the *NIX machines, so you could use the gnu utilities like rsync on the Linux machines to pull over files.

If the *NIX machines are gone, I do not know how that could work.

-John
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Personal Opinion Only